Interested in speaking at Horizons 2022? We want to hear from you!
Submit a Session Proposal for Horizons 2022
Horizons is the nation’s foremost convening of trailblazers from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Attendees will include leaders from the workforce and education systems, policymakers, entrepreneurs, heads of foundations, and Fortune 500 executives. The opportunity at hand is to drive economic advancement for all and create lasting changes for workers, learners, businesses, economies, and communities across the nation. We seek proposals for sessions that will give attendees the tools to reposition our systems and sectors today and transform them for tomorrow.
What We Want
Be provocative! Challenge us: How are we going to move this country’s workforce and education systems forward? How do we transform existing systems and build new solutions at the same time? How can we build on our current expertise? What’s broken, and how do we fix it? Frame your session however you see fit using engaging formats, innovative ideas, and diverse perspectives. Constructive debate and dissent are welcome—not every session needs to present a tidy solution.
Successful submissions will:
- See beyond: consider the future in a new way.
- Move past the traditional and demonstrate new and exciting cross-sector strategies.
- Present a clearly articulated plan for audience engagement.
- Include a diverse lineup of speakers. Note that diversity is measured in many ways, including but not limited to gender and gender identity, location, socio-economic background, perspective, age, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
- Push people’s thinking—what hasn’t this audience considered?
- All sessions will occur in-person in New Orleans on June 7 or 8.
- You may submit proposals for up to two session ideas. Please note that to maintain diversity of perspectives, only one session per speaker may be selected.
- All session proposals must be submitted by Friday, January 14, 2022. Reviewer decisions will be shared in February 2022.
- If accepted, you will be assigned a time slot on either Tuesday, June 7, or Wednesday, June 8, at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- If your proposal is accepted, all session presenters are required to register for Horizons 2022 and will receive a discounted registration fee.
- All session presenters must pay for their own travel and lodging costs and other incidental expenses.
- Your session will have a 50-minute time slot. The idea you submit below should be planned for no longer than 50 minutes to account for transitions; shorter submissions are acceptable as well.
- Traditionally, submissions often follow the “panel” format with a moderator and multiple other speakers. Submissions that fit a different format will be given extra consideration, as we believe a diversity of formats makes for a more engaging audience experience. Options include:
- Panel (up to 50 minutes) – a facilitator engaging 2-3 other speakers.
- Fireside Chat (up to 50 min) – a one-to-one discussion or interview which may include audience Q+A.
- Workshop (50 minutes) – allows participants the chance to apply content to their own work in real time.
- Roundtable (50 minutes) – lead organization facilitates a discussion for participants to have at their tables.
- Spotlight (15 minutes) – short solo presentations that showcase best practices, research, and innovations. These may be stacked together in one 60 minute block.
- Debate (50 minutes) – moderated debate with 1-2 speakers representing opposing sides of a statement.
- Meet-Up (50 minutes) - focuses on networking and making new connections, can be structured or unstructured.
- Other - propose something else that you believe is a great fit!
Please submit your information below, we look forward to hearing from you!